The trick to moving is organisation, there is nothing worse than a final rush. In this blog we go over the ideal checklist for an organised move!
2 months before moving
- Inform local services that there will be a change of address. E.g. doctors, dentists and banks
- Contract any subscriptions informing them of new delivery address.
- Create a checklist of all belongings that need to be considered in the move
6 weeks before moving
- Confirm your moving date. Contact your removal company and arrange the perfect date and time for you. Mid-week is the best due to quietness.
- Arrange time off work for the move
- Buy boxing supplies well in advance so you are prepared
4 weeks before moving
- Start packing external items which will not disrupt your living e.g clear out shed and pack garden furniture away.
- Contact service companies such as gas and electric to confirm shut off date
- Begin packing non essentials
3 weeks before moving
- Plan for moving living objects such as pets and plants.
- Arrange house insurance cover for new property
- If you require more pairs of hands, talk to friends and family now.
2 weeks before moving
- Start packing in named boxes so you know where everything is
- Give back items to neighbours you have borrowed
- Start eating food from your freezer
1 week before moving
- Start packing the essentials you need and keeping a check of everything you have already packed.
- Set aside valuables which you will keep with you until the move
- Pack a survival kit to keep with you, just in case your removal van is delayed
1 day before moving
- Finalise packing
- Say goodbye to your neighbours
- Leave your details for the new occupants in case they need you